Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2012

How great are these patterned bowls from Woolworths?  Such great designs and colours (there is even a chevron one but I thought I'd mix it up a bit and get these 2 instead). They're only $2.95 and make excellent vessels for Christmas goodies :)

I've never made a gingerbread house before but the $5 kit from IKEA convinced me to give one a go - I think it turned out pretty good, although I do appreciate it is slightly ridiculous given the weather to be piping fake snow on to one (in between dips in the pool)!

And you're never too old to rock a pair of reindeer antlers - $2.80 at Daiso. Merry Christmas everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Those bowls are really great. What a great deal you snagged. I have been rocking a pair of antlers. But I have to tell you they are not practical for driving around. At least mine aren't they are too tall for the car... I love your gingerbread house. So pretty:) And dips in the pool. Jealous!! It's just too cold here for that event through I am in Southern California ;) Merry Christmas Natalie, to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Natalie!

    I hope you Christmas Day is lovely and most importantly hail free this year!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, we don't need that kind of 'white Christmas' again! Merry Christmas, Emma!

      Delete
  3. I saw those bowls and thought how cool they were too. Lack of space helps me step away from those temptations!
    Great GB house, I've never had the patience to make one.
    Have a Merry Christmas Natalie.
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job with the ginger bred house!!
    And the bowls are very very cute!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the bowls will have to check Woolies next time Im there! Hope you had a wonderful Xmas making good use of that pool to keep cool :) It has been so unbarebly hot here in Perth hitting the 40s even, makes me wish we had a pool here too. Add it to the wish list I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! Hope you had a great Xmas too, despite the heat ;)

      Delete
  6. The bowls are great. One of the Decorating Forum members showed us them too. You did a great job on the gingerbread house. I might have to try that myself too:)

    ReplyDelete