The Painted Shoes

May 8, 2012

As I'm still struggling with the shopping ban, desperate times call for desperate measures. I came across this shoe DIY from A Pair & A Spare via Pinterest on the weekend and figured I could get a new pair of shoes from an old pair - win/win as they say. I have this pair of cheap, patent shoes in a mushroomy/nude colour which I never wore as much as I thought I would when I bought them. If things went pear-shaped, well no biggie.
For this you will need:
  • A pair of shoes
  • Masking tape
  • Spray paint in colour of choice
  • Newspaper
The original instructions said to paint the shoes with a paint brush and paint but as I already had black spray paint, I thought it couldn't hurt to give that a go (shopping ban remember).
The pictures are the guide - mask off shoes, get your Fiddly Bits (LOL), spray shoes, let dry, wear.  I was a little dubious about this project working with these shoes as I thought that they might end up looking 'painted' but they turned out excellently - 1 'new' pair of shoes.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you tried the DIY cap shoes! They turned out great....now all I need to do is to find some shoes that I'm willing to change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done! I like a woman with ingenuity and the guts to have a go!
    They look fab
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pair & a spare is one of my favourite blogs! Well done with your shoes - they look great!
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing! What a great idea to jazz up a pair of shoes and make them look brand new... I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best bit is (apart from getting a new look out of old shoes!) is that it is so easy!

      Delete
  5. They look so good! I may have to try it :)

    I've also got a pair of black pumps that I've worn to death that I'm thinking about going to town on with some glue and some red glitter to create my own Dorothy shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, you HAVE to do it, Cat! The more glitter the better!

      Delete
  6. These are beyond awesome they look like a totally unique funky pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever are you?!

    A different kind of painting to mix it up for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, hadn't thought of it like that!

      Delete
  8. What a clever idea - they look fantastic, as good as anything out of the Chanel shop!

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's a great compliment, thank you!

      Delete
  9. Great idea, I also have a pair of shoes in this shade that could do with a bit of a spruce up. Might have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete